03 July 2007

Pas encore

I am DYING to see Paris, je t'aime and it is nowhere to be found! I have been asking the video store right below my apartment everyday, and the answer is still 'pas encore.' Even Monoprix [aka the most amazing store in the entire world] isn't stocking it yet, so if anyone has a strong desire to make me the happiest person ever, maybe a little package from the US is in store?

I realized I forgot to share Fête de la musique, which was unbelieveable! It's a whole day of music and wine in the streets all over Paris, with people coming from all over Europe to perform live for the thousands of people roaming the city. We started in Le Marais and ended up in St. Germain, where most of the bigger concerts were set up.

Here's the start, while it was still light out... and then the people got a little more into the wine and the bars started to open up...

The French are such amazing lively people! I have no idea why Italians get all the credit for having a genuine lust for life and letting it all go. Everyone was out until really early in the morning, and the streets were so jammed with people, the taxis could barely get through to take people home! The metro here closes around 12.30, depending how far away from the center of the city you are, so taxis are essential after going out, and it is consquently pretty difficult to hail a cab from anywhere like the Champs Elysées.

The Parisian nightlife is definitely living up to the posh expectations, and I've just been to a few so far! Here's a photo of the girls at out table at VIP, a really cool new club right on the Champs E, posing with out champagne before it got too packed!

Manaray was also really nice inside, kind of a Bali meets vampire theme. What I keep being surprised by is how young people are who are in these clubs! On one of my first nights here, we went to Aqua, a new place right by Trocadero in the gardens, and it was packed with boys who looked like they could be in high school! Another Paris shocker: how much of a tourist I am in loving the Eiffel Tower sparkling at night. It is just so so so beautiful with all the glimmering lights right in front of you. I decided today that although I really want to sincerely understand living in Paris like a real person, I am still going to do all the touristy things -- first on the list: go to Kong, the restaurant on top of Kenzo where Carrie has lunch in Paris!

No comments: